I’m seriously in dire need of punching myself in the face because I left this blog hanging again for a long time. I hate to admit it, work made me busy and all, but I actually DID have plenty of time and inspiration to whip off a few artworks and write some petty anecdotes. Well I have a few sketches and cranky drafts lying around, but urghh, screw this, I just felt too lazy hundred percent of the time! I don’t know what’s wrong with me.
LifeBox Sem Ender March 2014
Last March, was my last sem ender as a biology student with LifeBox-PLM. I could’ve snuggled in bed the whole day like the typical thing a homebuddy (a.k.a. the penniless vagabond) like me would do, but I fought the sheets and the scorching Manila weather (and deliberately won) just to come to La Mesa Eco Park. Dear me, I would’ve regretted it big time if I didn’t come because the soiled clothes and sweaty underpits was all worth it!
I haven’t been to La Mesa Eco Park before, I heard it’s a good place, but I’dsay it’s not something that great apparently. The gardens were nice, but I kind of expected the forests to have more you know, critters in it. I was also excited to see a neat view of the water reserve, but they kept the gates locked. Oh well, I guess the management sees that as an SOP, seeing all the trash the parkgoers were irresponsibly leaving despite the warnings on the placards around the place. But still, it’s a better bonding place for LifeBox than the mall or Intramuros.
It was a fine weather!
We played Chubby Bunny!
In truth, it’s difficult to just love others without thinking of yourself first. It would’ve been our natural instict to think of our own welfare first, but with Christ’s love in us, this selfish perspective changes. Like a daughter to a good father, the respect that she has for him isn’t out of fear, but an intuitive response from the love that they have for each other. Just as as how He is to us, loving also others becomes our natural response from the love that we are receiving from Him. It isn’t easy, but everyday, I ask Him to help me make less selfish; to stretch and flex my own muscle of generosity; to be obedient; understanding; meek… and as cheesy as it sounds, to simply just exhibit and radiate the love around me.
Thank you, LifeBox, see y’all around next term, perhaps!
Browsing through old pictures like these gives me a sense of familiarity and at the same time, the retching feeling of longing. Looking back, my sophomore year certainly tops the best terms of my college life. I’ve adjusted well enough then that I finally became sure of what I was doing. I don’t know, but I simply just learned to enjoy and appreciate my course and this university when the first term began. It felt refreshing.
Sigh. How I would love to trade a few last days of college life for days like these.
Summer Hair=Forever Young + The Academy Is… | The Beach + All Time Low | Say You Like Me + We The Kings | Planetary (Go!) + My Chemical Romance | Wish You Were Here + Incubus | Interlude: Holiday + Paramore | Young Folks + The Kooks | Someone Like You + The Summer Set | How You Love Me Now + Hey Monday | New Perspective + Panic! At The Disco | Holiday + Vampire Weekend | After Midnight + Blink 182
Sometimes I really want to punch someone hard in the face when I realize there are still Marcos loyalists out there (and the disgusting fact that people still actually elect them in government office). I mean, yeah, I wasn’t born yet that time, but the stories of the horrors of Marcos’ dictatorship—- family members disappearing and finding their corpses mangled to brutality the next day; the torture and imprisonment of many people while the Marcoses dine happily in the palace; the rape and maltreatment of bold Filipina women who werent afraid to speak of the truth; and the Philippine economy plummeting down just cause this Macoytard wanted to feed his wife of her rapacity—- is enough for me to realize that Marcos was nothing but a tyrant, plunderer, and a murderer.
Why of course, during Marcos’ first term, the Philippines came second in Asia for having a booming economy. But the tables were suddenly turned when Marcos ascended for his second term. He became greedy and was beyond corrupt. Marcos sure was a trendsetter— he made corruption a hit, and so it’s as if this land is forever sticken with this ‘trend’.
This photo though, is a depiction of justice served in a cold metal plate— because no sum of money will ever amount to the suffering these families have been enduring for decades. By the way, the compensation came from the 2 billion dollars confiscated from the Marcoses’ loot, so, yay!
Disclaimer: I am not an Aquino loyalist (what, even -_-. that’s another story), I am just a kid who learned her history lessons right.
Photo came from here. Read the story please! :)
Today in bullets
- woke up lazily to revise my thesis (the fourth time and I’m starting to get really pissed)
- No, TBH, I AM ALREADY. :-(
- Butthurting because of the fact that my “adviser” never helped me AT ALL, yet she still has the nerve to poin outt that I didn’t put too much effort on my work. LIKE, WHAT THE HECK?! I went to Taal thrice to ask help from my seniors in NFBC (whose expertise is exactly my thesis) because I knew I can’t expect anything from someone who drives away her advisees to grab coffee every five minutes. When I presented my work, my so called adviser started rejecting the methods NFBC taught me because she thinks it does not involve my study. I smack her a copy of the protocol (an internationally published journal entitled ‘A new method of fish gut analysis’ no more no less), and explained the points of the method, but the ol’ prick doesn’t seem (or try) to understand. Instead, she points out a method which is useless, erroneous, and obsolete (and exactly the method that was rejected by the LATEST method I used). Annoyed, she’d then tell me “aynako thesis ko kaya yan nung masters ko so I know better.” Yeah righht, masters from the year 1969? Psh. AUUUGH. I could go on for days with this, but to cut it short, when my undergrad research is supposed to be challenging and exciting, instead, it WAS TERRIBLE AND HORRIFIC JUST BECAUSE I HAD TO DEAL WITH SOMEONE’S SENILITY. ENDOFSTORY.
- Sorry, just have to let it out. *exasperated sigh*
- I have this huge, disgusting gash on my head that resulted from climbing down stupidly from the jeep. It doesn’t hurt much, but my blockmates were making me freakout because they told me I might need stitches (aaaack poknat huhu)… or I might contract tetanus lol.
- Being the paranoid parrot that I am, I consulted doctor google about the risks of tetanus. Turns out, Clostridium tetani's incubation period would take about 8 days to a month before the endotoxin would manifest. That's kind of scary since the symptoms could only start to appear just as when the toxin level is lethal. But thankfully, prevalence rate in the Phils is actually low (phew). But who knows? Getting an antitetanus jab is still the best option, isn't it?
- Now, now, to clarify things, getting tetanus from rusted nails is just a MYTH (awwyeah take it in, Alcamo). It’s just that, the bacteria’s endospores “love” to reside on dirty stuff like that of rustly nails, and coincidentally, stepping on a nail makes the wound more vulnerable to the bac.
- My monthly visitor came with a rake. If you know what I mean.
- Went to SM to get my picture taken for grad clearance. There’s this shop which takes really neat pictures (and where I am a suki), but turns out, the employees were nowhere neat. *coughs* *jerks* *cough* *cough*
- Found out that our grad day will be moved from April 11th to the 22nd. Total bummer. But I could use the days to spend more time with my friends in school, yay?
- Aaaand my the reminder of the moronic stunt which is the ugleh wound on my head is starting to throb just now. I hope this is my natural scalp flora (aka dandruff) fighting off its territory from C. tetani. G’night.
Photo inspired from one of Lois Campos’ work. Hit her up! Her portfolio is so amazing!
Updates + events
I apologize for the lack of updates (everytime na lang lol). I got engrossed with a lot of school work these past few weeks. I was at the brink of completely burning out—- studying a whole book for a 50 item major exam in just one night, cramming for a quizbee, answering a whole lab manual in one sitting, and just basically doing, absorbing, cramming everything that’ll eventually evaporate after a day or two. Sigh. Graduating life is that grand, you know.
Now, thank God that’s over with, I only have get done with my thesis’ final revisions and have it book bound. And then, settle all my accountabilities in the science laboratory (and so I heard I am responsible for the destruction of a barrage of expensive lab glassware…nat cool!), get my clearance done… and WHOALAH! Countdown to graduation begins! This can’t get anymore exciting, indeed!
By the way, here’s a lazy little quick recap of what happened the past few weeks:
My friends/batchmates Alyssa and AJ joined a pageant in our college. As well as my gorg good friend, Aina, whom I helped make her costume. My juices are always at your service :-).
A mess within a mess
I have a massive girl crush on this lass!
Werk it ghurrrl. One of my college best friends, Jenny, joined a modeling contests in our school. Her ‘house’ won, btw!
I also joined an intercollegiate Biology quiz a few weeks ago. Yasss, we won second place!
Aaaand, if that couldn’t get any better, by God’s grace, my brah’s officially a licensed electronics engineer!!! The whole household was rejoicing when we found out. So happy!
So, we’ve only got about a month of undergrad life in our hands. It’s exhilarating—- but it could get a tad bit lonesome, of course. Before this school year ends, I would’ve love to take more candid pictures of my batchmates, my professors, of Intramuros; plan out of town trips with friends; eat more with my lunch buddies; complain less about my profs (LOLJK); sit around the hallways of sirls, play guitar, and just being silly dancing Jingle Bell Rock The Plastics way; settle all my accounts; hang out with my best friends more often…. and basically, just do the proper way to say good bye. *sniff*
so i made an art blog / portfolio.
Please follow it! I beg u gais teehee